No matter how big or small your outdoor space is, garden buildings and storage is an effective way of adding extra space that is ideal for a wide range of purposes, including:
- Our wooden garden storage options are ideal for storing a variety outdoor tools and equipment, ensuring they are protected against conditions that could cause damage etc
- Storage of garden furniture overnight or during the winter months
- Creating extra rooms for use as an office or workshop that is ideal for work and hobbies
- Ensuring your children have a safe space to play independently
- Just adding an area that is perfect for relaxing and escaping daily life
Not only are wooden garden buildings practical, they are also attractive and can add real personality to your outdoor space.
Will I need Planning Permission for my Wooden Garden Buildings?
- It must be single-storey with a maximum overall height of four metres if the building has a dual pitched roof. Any other roof type can have a maximum overall height of three metres. The eaves of the building cannot be any more than 2.5 metres in height.
- The building cannot include a balcony, veranda or raised platform
- Less than half of the available land surrounding the property can be filled with outbuildings.
For more concise details regarding planning permission and outbuildings including wooden garden buildings such as sheds and summerhouses, please read The Planning Portal, a website set up in 2002 by the UK government as an informational point for online planning applications.
For further advice and guidance regarding garden buildings and storage options, please get in touch with your nearest branch who will be more than happy to help.