Porcelain paving is the perfect choice for your garden if you are looking for something that looks as clean and fresh every day, as it did when it was first installed in an outdoor space. It is easy to clean, durable and hard-wearing.
At Howarth, we offer a variety of porcelain paving options:
- Opus Porcelain. This stunning and durable option replicates the traditional Roman stone;
- Dolomite Porcelain. Available in seven colours and textures, the Dolomite takes inspiration from natural stone;
- Crosswood Porcelain. Combining the strength of porcelain with the natural beauty of timber;
- Simply Porcelain. The classic porcelain paving is easy to clean and hard wearing
- Discovery Porcelain. With larger than standard tiles, the Discovery is perfect for bigger and dramatic paved areas;
- Al Fresco Porcelain. Recreating fine natural stones with a smooth surface that is hardwearing.
The key benefits of choosing porcelain paving are:
- Weather Resistance. Porcelain isn’t affected by the elements like natural stone can be; freezing temperatures, for example, won’t cause it to deteriorate over time.
- Non-Porous. This prevents moss and algae from being able to grow on the surface of the tiles
- Chemical Resistance. Porcelain paving slabs won’t be damaged by chemicals containing harsh ingredients that are either acid or alkali-based. These are commonly found in garden care products such as lawn treatments and fertilisers
- No Colour Fading. The colour that your porcelain paving is when you install it will be the colour that it remains for its lifespan. Black will remain rich and lighter colours won’t darken or turn muddy
- Anti-Slip Finish. The unique, roughened finish to the tile doesn’t detract from the overall appearance of the stone. It ensures excellent underfoot grip when the paving is either damp or wet, which ensures that they are slip-resistant and helps to reduce the likelihood of accidents.