Multi-Foil Insulation is an often-overlooked, energy efficient form of insulation that offers excellent thermal performance. Sold as an insulation foil roll, it is thin and easy to install and manufactured from multi-layers of insulating materials including wadding and reflective foil. It is suitable for use in a variety of areas including floors, roofs, and walls. As such, it can make a big difference in the performance of your home.
There are many benefits to choosing high-performance Multi Foil as your thermal insulation solution, including:
- Condensation. Many alternative insulation products experience “cold bridging”; this is where a gap occurs in the insulation creating cool spots and encourages condensation. However, the risk of cold bridging and the resulting condensation occurring in Multifoil Insulation is greatly reduced due to the stitching that is used in manufacturing. This allows it to act as a vapour barrier and is key to ensuring that your home remains free of mould.
- Non-Degradable. Ensuring long-life, this allows the product to maintain ongoing thermal performance for a long time once placed in your home.
- Limited Space. Ideal for new build, refurbishments and loft conversions where space is limited and may not be practical for other types of insulation.
- L1A & L1B 2010. Meets the building regulations set out in both L1A and L1B 2010, which relates to the Conservation of Fuel and Power in Existing Dwellings (L1B) and New Dwellings (L1A).
- All Seasons. Multi-Foil Insulation has high thermal resistance at its core. This means that it will keep the cold out during the winter, whilst keeping it cool during the summer.