Solar water heating systems use solar panels, called collectors that are fitted to your roof.
These collect heat from the sun and use it to heat up water which is stored in a hot water cylinder. A boiler or immersion heater can be used as a backup to heat the water further to reach the temperature you want.
Designed right, a solar thermal system can be expected to deliver up to 60% of a homes annual domestic hot water needs. You will also qualify for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)which financially rewards generation of renewable heat, please see table below. Solar Thermal systems are used as a subsidy to domestic hot water and can reduce Carbon emissions and heating bills as well as providing an income through the RHI.
- Low running costs
- Low maintenance
- Works all year round
- Constant research and development providing efficient solar solutions
- High efficiency solar pumps that reduce energy consumption
- Hot water throughout the year: the system works all year round, though you'll need to heat the water further with a boiler or immersion heater during the winter months. A typical system can provide up to 60% of your annual domestic hot water requirements.
- Cut your bills: sunlight is free, so once you've paid for the initial installation your hot water costs will be reduced.
- Cut your carbon footprint: solar hot water is a green, renewable heating system and can reduce your carbon dioxide emissions.
Want to purchase this product or need more information?
Contact The Green House on 01706 356 230.
This product isn't available to purchase online, however it may be available in-store. Please enter your delivery postcode to see the contact details of your local branch.
Create an account to access trade-exclusive extras.