This type of paving reduces the amount of surface water that driveways dissipate into drainage systems as its structure allows water to percolate through into the sub base below and away into natural water courses.
- Permeable sub base designed specifically to accommodate water
- Range similar to conventional block paving
- Familiar block sizes
- Can prevent pollution of drainage systems
- Can be used to direct water to flower beds or natural water courses
- Reduces surface run-off and pooling which usually forms due to current driveways being impermeable.
- Can help prevent flooding.
- No need for planning permission as long as the correct sub-base is installed.
- Can water gardens/flower beds naturally.