Mouldings are typically a strip of high-quality MDF or wood that is used for a variety of purposes:
Decorative Mouldings. As a covering for an unsightly area, usually to make them look nicer. This is typically done when you need to hide gaps where different surfaces meet.
Ornamental. When you want to add a finishing touch, perhaps adding fine detailing
Architectural. Little details that pull a room together, by ensuring everything complements each other.
Our range includes:
- Skirting Boards which run along the floor of a room
- The architrave is sometimes confused with a casing and sits above a door or window
- Casings and Linings are other names for door frames that go around the edge of the gap that a door is fitted to
- Floor Boards are used to create a reliable flooring for a room
- Rails include handrails, dado rails and picture rails which are used decoratively around the room or for practicality in areas with stairs
- Small Mouldings includes all the little detailing you might need, including door stops, weather bars, lipping, etc.
We also offer Casings and Linings with Firecheck, meaning that they offer fire-resistance and can be used in conjunction with fire doors; preventing smoke and fire from being able to pass between rooms.
Many of the mouldings are ready for a simple undercoat and gloss finish after installation to truly complete the look.