What is Masonry?
Most building structures are made from a type of masonry, which are typically: Brick, Stone, Granite, Concrete, Tile, Cast Stone, and Marble etc. In most cases, Masonry is used because it is strong, durable and increases the thermal mass of a building.
Whilst that is good for the longevity of a building, it can make it more difficult to add fixtures to your walls, both internally and externally.
At Howarth Timber & Building Supplies we stock a wide range of fixings that are suitable for connecting to masonry.
Most types of fixings are known as Masonry Anchors, are incredibly strong, offering sturdy anchorage that is suitable for heavy duty fixings. They are available in several styles, including:
- Loose Bolt, which is ideal for: Pipework, Machinery, Racking and Trunking.
- Protecting Bolt, ideal for brackets, reinforcement wall plates, guy rope and lighting supports.
- Shield only; great for securing machinery, racking, handrails and balustrades.
- Eye Bolts are commonly used for attaching cables to objects for lifting into place.
- Hook Bolt have a similar purpose to Eye Bolts.
- Rawlbolts are designed for heavy-duty use and feature a large bolt that is anchored by a metal shield. These are ideal for scaffolding and crash barriers.
- Hook Rawlbolts are similar to normal Rawlbolts, except the bolt has a hook that is suitable for hanging.