Sometimes referred to as Marking Out Tools, Layout Tools are implements that are used to literally mark out a design – as set out on paper – to the actual material, which could be wood, metalwork etc.
- Howarth Timber & Building Tools offer a wide selection of Layout Tools, including:
- Compass – For marking out circles and/or semi-circles
- Protractor – To add with angular measurements
- Punches – To mark-out to centre of an area. They can also be used to create an indentation to plot where to place your drill bit before you begin drilling holes.
- Scribe – Similar to a pen, a Scribe allows you to mark metalwork by scratching the surface lightly. For woodwork, a pencil may be used whilst markers and felt tips can also be used.
- Marking Knife – A heavy duty tool that is used to score along straight lines, such as edges or along cutting guides.
- Chalk Powder – Used with a Chalk Line to mark out straight lines.