Vinyl is an often frowned upon flooring; considered “cheap”. In the 21st Century, however, Vinyl couldn’t be more different. Modern Vinyl offers the character that is specific to the type of wood that it is replicating, with authentic grooves and colouring.
Our Vinyl collection is designed specifically for the rough and tumble of modern life.
Quiet. You no longer need to worry about wearing your favourite high heels around the house, as the Quick Step Livyn range is soft under foot, ensuring that walking across it is virtually silent.
Kid Proof. We all know that kids are messy: food is thrown, drinks are spilt and muddy shoe race across your clean floors, the moment the mop has been put away. Worst of all, are the scratches that come from toy cars whizzing around. Fear not, however, because the Livyn collection of vinyl flooring features an innovative top layer that ensures absolute protection from stain, scratches, dirt and scuffs.
Warm. Livyn flooring offers excellent thermal conductivity. What does that mean? It means that it can be used alongside your existing underfloor heating and cooling.
Water Resistant. Vinyl Flooring from Quick-Step is perfect for bathrooms and kitchens, as it is designed to be resistant to water. However, it should be noted that vinyl is not suitable for
Fancy a Change? Quick Step’s Livyn range is designed to be both thin and flexible, which means that it can be easily installed on top of any existing level flooring.
How to Lay Vinyl Floor
There are two types of installation that you much choose for vinyl flooring:
- Floating: Quick Step’s innovative “Uniclic Multifit” system is a clean method that starts with a good underlay. Based on a tongue-and-groove design, the planks click securely together and don’t require any glue. The benefit of using the floating method is that it is easier to repair, replace and remove as needed. Once the flooring has been laid, you can walk across it straight away.
- Glued-Down: The more traditional method of installation, glueing the planks down ensures that they are completely secured. You will need to wait 4 hours for the glue to dry before walking across a glued floor, however, we recommend waiting 24 hours before placing furniture on to it.
Do you need Underlay for Vinyl Flooring?
Whilst not necessary if you have a level subfloor, we always recommend using an underlay for a couple of reasons:
- It adds an additional barrier for sound insulation
- Eliminates the likelihood of the flooring creaks under foot
- Ensures that the surface is completely level