We are a family run business with local branches, serving local communities, committed to our greatest asset – our people. Family values run through our business and each member of the Howarth team takes pride in our excellent service and high-quality products.
With over 180 years’ experience we are constantly growing and developing to meet increasing demand from our ever-evolving industry.
Training & Development
We are experts in our field and pride ourselves in always learning and developing new skills. We reward colleagues for completing training through our Training Academy, where they can increase their knowledge of timber and building supplies. We also work closely with industry leading suppliers to offer regular product training.
As a company we live and breathe our company values, rewarding colleagues who show excellent examples of those values through our peer recognition awards.
Peer recognition awards
Howarth run a peer recognition scheme called Above and Beyond. At Howarth we take great pride in the work of our colleagues, and this is a chance to recognise those who go above and beyond. The awards are open to all colleagues, and nominations can be made by any colleague, in any position. The awards showcase those who exhibit excellent examples of our company core values. Every month a winner is chosen from each area and awarded with shopping vouchers.
Other benefits include:
• 31 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays
• Employee Referral Scheme: an ability to earn £500 for each successful HGV Driver referral
• Length of service awards
• Cycle to work scheme
• Contributory pension scheme
• Company sick pay
• Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line)
• Colleague Merchant Branch discount
• Access to discounts and offers through the BenefitHub