Check local branch stock
MSRP:£425.28 (Inc VAT)MSRP:£354.40 (Ex VAT)The VELUX Centre Pivot White Laminated roof window has an uValue of 1.3 and laminated glazing. By increasing the pane area by 18%, VELUX has improved their generating characteristics to bring in more daylight. The profile has slimmed down, allowing for...
MSRP:£499.20 - £725.60 (Ex VAT)£599.04 - £870.72 (Inc VAT)MSRP:Velux extensions, Velux loft conversions, and home renovations benefit from ELUX white-painted INTEGRA Electric Windows. The VELUX White Painted INTEGRA Electric Windows are a market-leading roof window that are manufactured with cutting-edge technology...
VELUX Roof Windows
Which VELUX roof window to choose?
Follow the step by step guide below to help you decide which VELUX roof window you require.
- Size: There are a wide range of sizes and combinations available for VELUX roof windows so the first thing you need to do is pick the size you require and in the table below you will see the corresponding code of the roof window you need. Howarth provide a huge variety of VELUX roof window sizes and types from electric roof windows to VELUX Integra flat roof windows so picking the size at this point is incredibly important and will make a big difference to the light in your room.
- Top or Bottom operated. Choose which way you would like the window to be hung from the outward design.
- Centre Pivot (Standard): A top control bar makes it easy to open even with furniture under the window. Windows can be rotated 180 degrees for cleaning. They are available in manual, electric or solar operation. Centre Pivot is suitable for roof pitches between 15 degrees and 90 degrees.
- Top Hung: Top Hung Velux Windows can be opened at any position up to 45 degrees and open outwards for an unobstructed view. Top hung windows include a bottom handle for windows that is within easy reach. Suitable for roof pitches between 15 degrees and 55 degrees.
- Manual (Standard): for roof windows that are within easy reach.
- Solar Powered - Open and close with the pre-paired wall switch which is ideal for out of reach windows. There’s no need to plug into a power supply, making installation even quicker and easier. The PV solar cell is on the external window frame and there is a rain sensor pre-fitted which will close the window automatically when it starts to rain.
- Electric: Open and close with just one touch of the pre-paired wall switch; ideal for roof windows that are out of reach. It's easy to install and just plugs into a power supply. It is also pre-fitted with a rain sensor to automatically close if it rains.
- White Painted (Standard): This finish is perfect for modern interiors and is painted before assembly for a flawless finish. There is lower maintenance with white painted windows when comparing to the pine finish roof windows. The window is produced from a high-quality certified grain. The resistance on the window is highly UV resistant to preserve look.
- White Polyurethane: Perfect for contemporary interiors and ideal for humid rooms such as kitchens or bathrooms. The finish on the White Polyurethane windows are moisture resistant and require less maintenance than pine. The roof windows are made from a high quality moulded polyurethane with an insulated timber core.
- Pine Finish: Ideal for a traditional interior. High quality natural pine with a protective triple-coat, clear lacquer finish.
- Safety (--70) Standard: Laminated Inner pane for safety and toughened outer pane. The u-value is 1.3 W/m2K
- Standard plus (--68): Triple glazed, laminated inner pane. Includes rain noise reduction. The u-value is 11 W/m2k
- Extra Low Energy (--66): Triple glazed with a laminated inner pane. Excellent level of thermal insulation. Easy to clean feature and anti-dew coating. U-value is 1.0W/m2k.
- Extra noise reduction (--62): Triple Glazed Unit Triple glazed unit and excellent level of sound reduction/thermal insulation. Anti-dew coating to eliminate external condensation. U-value is 0.81 W/m2K
- Enhanced Security (70Q)
- EDW Tile flashing (Standard): For tiles up to 120mm in profile. Also suitable for pitched roof windows between 15 – 90 degrees.
- EDP Plain Tile: for plain tiles up to 14mm thick. Also suitable for roof pitches between 25 – 90 degrees.
- EDL slate flashing: for slate up to 8mm thick. Suitable for roof pitches 15 – 90 degrees.
- EDJ recessed tile flashing: Sleek and streamlined finish and installed deeper into the roof structure. Installed deeper into the roof structure. Suitable for roof pitch 20 – 90 degrees. For recessed installation in tiles up to 90mm in profile. If using this recessed flashing kit with GPU electric top-hung roof windows, profile set ZWP is also required.
- EDN recessed slate flashing: For recessed installation in slate up to 8mm thick. Sleek and streamlined finish. Installed deeper into the roof structure. Suitable for roof pitch 20 – 90 degrees. If using this recessed flashing kit with GPU electric top-hung roof windows, profile set ZWP is also required.
These are the 6 stages to help you decide which roof window you require. If you need more information, please use these guides, videos and downloads to help.
Bringing light to life.