Check local branch stock
MSRP:£272.30 (Inc VAT)MSRP:£226.92 (Ex VAT)We supply a wide range of Lead Roll which is an excellent choice of metal for roofing applications, as it is soft, yet strong and incredibly durable; especially compared to other metals that may be harder but are not as strong or easy to mould as lead is.
MSRP:£15.05 (Inc VAT)MSRP:£12.54 (Ex VAT)The Cure It Range of lead flashings and corner trims is a complete system, designed by the leading manufacturer in glass reinforced polyester roofing materials, which has been developed to meet the needs of traditional lead flashing. With no seams,...
MSRP:£15.68 (Inc VAT)MSRP:£13.07 (Ex VAT)The Cure It Lead Flashing range is a cost effective alternative to traditional lead flashing and will withstand foot traffic as standard. The simulated long leg flashing material has been specially formulated by the leading glass reinforced polyester...
MSRP:£14.41 (Inc VAT)MSRP:£12.01 (Ex VAT)Replace traditional lead flashing with simulated lead that has the same look as the original but much greater durability.
MSRP:£16.36 (Inc VAT)MSRP:£13.63 (Ex VAT)The Cure It range of products offers a sustainable alternative to lead flashing. Produced using glass reinforced plastic, our extensive range is designed to meet the needs of traditional lead flashing applications, including coped and ballasted roofs...
MSRP:£15.68 (Inc VAT)MSRP:£13.07 (Ex VAT)This flashing is a durable, long-lasting product that is specially formulated for roofing applications by the world leading glass reinforced polyester roofing materials manufacturer. It will withstand foot traffic as standard and possesses an extreme UV...
MSRP:£14.88 (Inc VAT)MSRP:£12.40 (Ex VAT)Cure it ER35/40 simulated lead rolled joint (rolled rib) simulates the appearance of raised rolled lead joints. Compatible with C6 preformed closures. Rolled rib joint closures for simulated lead appearance, Pre-pigmented, UV Stabilised
MSRP:£29.60 - £92.08 (Ex VAT)£35.52 - £110.50 (Inc VAT)MSRP:ALM Lead Roll Code 4 150 x 3000mm is suitable for all roofing applications, including flat and pitched roofing, flashings, gutters, parapets and all other lead detail work. Code 4 Lead can be used for a range of application and generally used for lead...
MSRP:£59.20 - £180.88 (Ex VAT)£71.04 - £217.06 (Inc VAT)MSRP:Not only is lead easily shaped and long lasting, it's also easy to install in any weather. The ALM Code 4 150 x 6000mm Lead Roll will outperform lead alternatives and is 100% recyclable. Code 4 Lead is suitable for all roofing applications, including...
MSRP:£56.65 - £151.08 (Ex VAT)£67.98 - £181.30 (Inc VAT)MSRP:The 6m x 150mm Grey IkoFlash is a lead-free alternative of flashing that is suitable for use in all domestic and commercial situations that you would normally use a lead flashing, for example around a chimney, abutment or roof light. The flashing is...
Lead is a grey metal that is commonly used in roofing, particularly lead roof flashings for a wide variety of reasons:
- It is a soft metal that allows it to be easily moulded to fit the contours needed for a roof.
- Roofing Lead is also a strong material that won’t tear whilst it is being shaped.
- It is resilient against all weather conditions from the blistering sun to acid rain and is strong enough to handle large amounts of snow.
- Lead won’t crack during either boiling hot or bitterly cold temperatures.
- Most other types of metal would need replacing every 20 years or, however, lead is guaranteed to be corrosion-free and low maintenance for much longer.
- The most common type of Roofing Lead that you are likely to use is Lead Flashings.
What are Lead Flashings?
Lead Flashings is traditionally made from lead, however, there are no many lead-free alternatives available. Whichever option you choose, it will be applied to a roof to “weatherproof” it, protecting it from rainwater and leakages. For this reason, Flashing is most commonly used around areas where water is most likely to penetrate the roof. This includes Chimneys, the edge where a wall joins with the roof, pipes and around windows and doors. Preventing water from getting in helps to prevent the risk of a build-up of bacteria, which would – in time – become mould.
Lead is the most popular material for Flashing because of its immense durability compared to other materials. It can out-live most types by several hundred years because it will not crack during hot summer temperatures or the bitterly cold temperatures of winter.
Howarth Timber & Building Supplies offers a wide range of lead roofing products that can be cut to size including:
Lead Flashing Roll conforms to BS EN 12588 and is available in three different lead codes:
- Code 3. Suitable for soakers
- Code 4. Used for flashings and pitched valley gutters
- Code 5. These lead rolls are also used for flashings and pitched valley gutters
- IKOflash is a lead-free flashing alternative that is suitable for use in all situations where you would normally have used a lead flashing. This includes:
- Around chimneys
- In flat and pitched roofing
- Tape. We offer a selection of self-adhesive flashing tape that is ideal for roofing and drainage applications.
Roofing Lead can be purchased online, or contact your local branch for expert advice and guidance.