Lawn Edging is a simple product that is used to create neat borders around lawns, driveways and paved areas and divides between flower beds and vegetable plots.
The main purpose of the garden edging is to keep decorative aggregates such as gravel, or soil away from any areas they are not wanted, particularly grassy areas where it is difficult to remove them from.
Edging is also a practical method of preventing grass from overtaking your vegetable garden or flower bed.
At Howarth Timber & Building Supplies we offer both aluminium and concrete edging options
Why Aluminium Garden Edging?
The metal edging sold at Howarth Timber & Building Supplies is manufactured from an aircraft-grade aluminium, which is a popular choice with landscape architects. But why use this for your edging compared to other options or leaving the edges “bare”?
- Soft and pliable. Ideal if you need to create corners or add curved designs to your landscaping, aluminium can be moulded to suit the shape you require. Aluminium can be manipulated to create complex designs that are discreet and won’t distract from what you want to be looking at.
- Impact Resistant. Don’t worry about knocking the edging with your lawnmower or feet, as the aluminium can handle it without becoming damaged.
- Corrosion and UV Resistant. Some materials can weaken when subjected to the elements for a long period of time, especially if they are in long-term contact with the ground. However, aluminium is resistant to both corrosion and UV rays meaning that it won’t rust over time.
- Invisible. The thin strips can be chosen in colours that blend into their surroundings nicely. They can also be pushed down into the soil, as necessary.
Lawn Edging border is available in four colour options:
- Natural Aluminium
Each colour is also available in five size options:
Please Note: The Lawn Edging is sold in 1m lengths that easily piece together to create the pack length.
Why Concrete Lawn Edging?
Another option is Concrete Edging, which is manufactured from pre-cast concrete. Why should you choose these for your garden?
- Hardwearing. Concrete is made from a mixture of cement, water and an aggregate which ensures that it is incredibly strong and durable. This means that it can handle everything from extreme weather conditions to knocks by a lawnmower.
- Low Maintenance. Concrete Edging doesn’t require much if any, on-going maintenance
- Easy Fix. If the concrete does get damaged or chipped, it is easy to repair
- Visible. Whilst metal edging is a discreet option, if you are looking for something that you can see and will form part of your overall landscaping, this is a great option.
Available in two options:
- Flat Top Edge
- Round Top Garden Edging