Why Howarth Timber Recommend Trex PRO
A landscaper by trade? Here's why you should join Trex PRO and become a member of the Certified Installer Scheme.
For many homeowners, Trex is a long-term landscaping investment that they are likely to want to enjoy for many years to come. However, that investment will be worth it for them in the long-run as not only a money saver but also as a time saver.
Whilst timber decking naturally ages and deteriorates over time, Trex composite decking will look the same for many years to come without the fading. It is also scratch and mould resistant meaning that it should require less maintenance overall. Perfect for the challenge of modern living!
Launched in the UK in 2017, Trex PRO is a Certified Installer Scheme that bridges the gap between the homeowner and reliable experts in a specialist type of decking. There are many benefits to joining the scheme:
1. Easy to Join. Joining the scheme is completely free and all you need to do is to:
- Prove that you have installed at least one Trex deck (please note that all applications are fully checked to ensure appropriate standards of installation are guaranteed)
- Confirm you have public liability insurance
2. Customer Confidence. Trex PRO isn’t open to just anyone, so being a member shows your potential customers that you are an expert and know exactly what you are doing. Plus, you can register the decking warranty for them, which helps to reassure your customers that the deck you lay is built to last.
3. Grow your Business. Once you are on the Trex PRO list, you will:
- Receive sales referrals from not only the Trex website but also from telephone enquiries
- Have easy access to all relevant Trex marketing materials as well as a marketing support fund, to help promote this unique part of your business
To further assist the growth of your business as an expert, Trex has launched the Arbordexperts Installer Awards which is open to anyone who has installed a Trex deck within the last 18 months. The categories are:
Best Small Trex deck
For: Residential Trex decks that are below 30m2
The judges are looking for: "unique features and innovative solutions that make the best use of limited outdoor space."
Best Large Trex deck
For: Residential Trex decks that are over 30m2
The judges are looking for: "Of course, size isn't the only thing that matters - we're looking for a deck that adds an extra dimension to a large outdoor space to create something truly special."
Best Trex Design Solution
For: Trex decks that have brought out the best in challenging spaces and projects.
The judges are looking for: A sloping site that has been reshaped, a previously unusable space that has been reclaimed or a practical solution that has been created to add functionality, using Trex decking.
Best Commercial Trex Deck
For: Commercial projects where Trex composite decking has added an extra dimension
The judges are looking for: Large and small projects that have created space that "combines functionality, durability and beautiful aesthetics."
Best Arbordeck Softwood Timber Deck
For: All commercial and residential Arbordeck softwood timber decks, of all sizes
The judges are looking for: "impressive design and installation that makes the very best of the available space."
Deck of the Year
For: Everyone who enters any of the above categories will also be entered in a sixth category to find the Deck of the Year.
The judges are looking for: "a deck that features outstanding quality of design and installation; showcases the very best of outdoor living, and celebrates the unique qualities of either Trex composite or Arbordeck softwood timber decking. This category cannot be entered in isolation."
Kat Musselwhite - Howarth Blogger